new album - Adam Casey & the Liminal Choir 'Nether | Aether'

 




Melbourne based producer and composer, Adam Casey (The Boy Who Spoke Clouds/Seascapes of the Interior/Trappist Afterland) has completed recording a new album entitled Nether | Aether to be released on November 25, 2021 via the New Zealand based indie label, East Cape Calling.  This is the first album released under the name, Adam Casey & the Liminal Choir.  


This is the first album from Adam that was composed, first, on contrabass, and, in the later stages, arranged for full band (contrabass, electric bass, drum kit, 808, no input feedback, shortwave radio, dulcitone, tanpura, hackbrett, mellotron, bells, voice, strings, horns). ‘After spending 12 months developing improvisational works on contrabass via my duo, Casey Bebenek, I wrote Nether | Aether to take my newly developed skills to the realm of composition.  I wrote and played all the instruments myself, and, I worked with my partner, Katie, on all the choral arrangements and performances.  It was definitely made in the spirit of a full band recording, but I had to replicate this on my own due to the COVID-19 lockdowns, and, I think I succeeded.’


Nether | Aether is a profound departure for Adam, both musically and conceptually, after finishing up his primary musical project, The Boy Who Spoke Clouds after 14 years.  ‘I’ve been developing as a contrabassist, and, a composer, working on arrangements for many artists at The True Vine Recording Studio, and, as a sound designer and composer for theatre and film.  It was time to spread my wings and take on a new mindset and method to composition that felt more resonant with where I am now.’

The album was recorded, mixed and mastered by Adam at The True Vine Recording Studio.


Listen and purchase here





Comments