Viv Corringham Installation & Performances in Bendigo. Thursday 9th April.

Sounds in the Conservatory with Viv Corringham

Thursday April 9 Rosalind Park Conservatory Bendigo

presented by undue noise inc with the support of the City of Greater Bendigo
Viv Corringham is a British vocalist, composer and sound artist, currently based in New York, who has worked internationally since the 1980s. Her work includes performances, installations and soundwalks.  She is interested in exploring people's special relationship with familiar places and how that links to personal history and memory. She is a 2012 and 2006 McKnight Composer Fellow through American Composers Forum. Recent work has been presented at Soundworks, ICA, London; Around Sound, Hong Kong; Syros Sound Meetings, Greece; Sound Out, Canberra Australia; Tempo Reale, Florence, Italy; and Her Noise, Tate Modern, London, UK.  www.vivcorringham.org

12:30pm Viv Corringham (voice) / Jacques Soddell (computer)
PERFORMANCE (duration:approx 20 min)  Hear our earlier improvisation at http://jacquessoddell.bandcamp.com/releases

1-6pm Viv Corringham:  Shadow-walks in Melbourne
INSTALLATION (duration 14m21s)
This sound-work is part of my ongoing Shadow-walks project, in which I ask people to take me on walks that are meaningful for them in some way. While walking together, I record our conversations and the sounds of the environment. I then go back along the same route alone, attempting to get a sense of my previous companion’s traces on the walk. Then I sing what I feel using wordless improvisations. The recordings used in this work were made in Melbourne in 2014. My thanks go to the four ear-minded people who took me on their favourite walks:  Ros Bandt, Warren Burt, Catherine Clover & Anthony Magen.

6pm: Viv Corringham (voice) / Jacques Soddell (computer)
PERFORMANCE (duration: approx 20 min).

Comments