Friday, 18 January 2013
Call for curatorial expressions of interest - Liquid Architecture
Liquid Architecture, Australiaʼs premier festival of the sonic arts, is seeking expressions of interest to curate the 2014 festival.
Since its inception in 1999, Liquid Architecture has presented an annual festival comprising a wide array of Australian and international artists working across the broad spectrum of music and sound art. We are looking for a person or team to curate a thoughtful program that challenges and invigorates Australian audiences, and maintaining the excellent standard of festival presentation that Liquid Architecture is renowned for internationally. While an aspect of touring performances should be part of the planned festival, there is opportunity to engage exhibition and alternative formats of presentation.
You will be supported by an experienced board, curatorial committee, general manager and production team.
The term of the appointment is approximately 18 months: February 2013 to September 2014.
• Development of curatorial idea
• Curation of artists
• Development of project plan for festival in consultation with general manager.
• Liaison with artists, production teams, board members, funding bodies and other key festival stakeholders.
• Reporting to the Liquid Architecture board at key milestones.
• Grant writing to secure funding for 2014.
• Curatorial delivery of Liquid Architecture festival.
• Acquittal of grants.
• An exciting initial curatorial vision(s) for the festival
• An ability to develop an ambitious but achievable project management plan
• Curatorial experience in running interesting and engaging audience events.
• Excellent communication skills, including developing media.
• Experience in dealing with a broad range of individuals and organisations.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Successful grant writing experience.
The successful recipient will receive remuneration in two stages: Initial funding for grant writing and concept development in 2013 (please contact us for this), and then a curatorial fee for delivery of the festival in 2014 (which will be subject to funding outcomes).
Proposals should be 1-2 pages, outlining your curatorial proposal/vision and addressing the selection criteria. Please include a current CV in addition to your proposal.
The deadline for expressions of interest is January 30, 2013, midnight.
(forwarded from Bianca Durrant)